Sunday, January 6, 2013

30 Days of Recipes: Day 6: Creole Meatballs

Of course, I check Nom Nom Paleo all the time. If you noticed today, you'll find a great meatball recipe posted. That got me thinking about meatballs, so I tried a recipe with my go-to seasoning blend. Give this a try and let me know what you think!

Creole meatballs?? Yes! And YUM!

You'll need:
1 pounds of ground beef (lamb, venison, chicken, etc).
1 small shallot. Recipes always call for shallots. I usually sub-onion, then mix in some extra garlic. Try the shallot though!
Two eggs.
1 tablespoon Original Creole Seasoning.
Coconut oil or olive oil.
Tomato paste (1-2 tablespoons).
Herbs: As much or as little as you like: parsley, cilantro, basil.

Heat your over to 375F, and line your pan with foil. Oil a frying pan and heat to a high medium.

Dice up the shallot, chop the herbs. Mix ground beef, egg, herbs, tomato paste, and Creole Seasoning in a bowl.

Roll the meat into 1-inch balls. If it's too soft, you may need to put it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes and try again. When the meatballs are formed, brown the outsides in your frying pan. When all the meatballs are browned, bake them at 375F for 15-20 minutes. Check the internal temperature to be safe.

The meatballs will keep for a few days in the refrigerator. I like to serve them with salsa. Yummm!

No comments:

Post a Comment