Monday, January 7, 2013

30 Days of Recipes: Day 7: "Chocolate" Chip Cookies

I'm learning that if I go into a paleo desert thinking "oh, sure, this will be just like regular brownies/cookies/cake/etc" that I will be sorely disappointed.

But. These cookies are pretty stinking good, and I think even a non-paleo eating would enjoy these.

You'll need:

  1. 1.5 cups coconut flour.
  2. 1/4 cup butter (NOT Whole9 compliant, but I figure it's an animal fat, and close enough for me. Do what you want. Sub a different fat if you like- maybe ghee, lard, avocado)
  3. Big dash of salt.
  4. Big dash of baking soda.
  5. 2-3 tablespoons of honey.
  6. 1 egg.
  7. Small pour of vanilla extract (about 1/2 teaspoon).
  8. As many carob chips as you like. If you've never used carob chips before, fear not. The texture is a great match. Taste is close- maybe a bit sweeter than semi-sweet chips.
Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, and scoop them onto your baking sheet. I cover my sheets with foil, but you can oil the pan, use a non-stick mat, parchment paper... whatever you want. Anyway. I go about 10 minutes at 375F.

These cookies were super yummy. I'm going to make a batch before bed tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment