Thursday, January 3, 2013

30 Days of Recipes: Day 3: Stir fry beef and veggies

Along with your cauliflower rice, try some stir fried beef.

You'll need:

  1. 1 pounds of beef (or other meat). Serves two people. Double recipe for additional people.
  2. Whole peas (in pod)
  3. Chopped onion
  4. Chopped zucchini and yellow squash
  5. Orange juice and soy sauce
  6. Garlic and ginger
Start with a warm, oiled pan. While browning the beef, add equal parts orange juice and coconut aminos. I start with 1/8 cup each. If it reduces too far, just add a table spoon of each. Finish cooking the beef in the sauce, reducing the sauce as you go. Chop a few cloves of garlic and stir the garlic into the beef.

When the beef is fairly brown, stir in the veggies. I don't like to add them too early, because I don't like squishy veggies. The sooner you add them, the softer they get. If you add them late but keep cooking, your beef with be tough.  I don't add the ginger until the veggies are in, so I can get a good sense of how the flavors will combine, but you can add it earlier. Microplane fresh ginger if you have it, or shake in some dried ginger.

Serve it up on a plate with your cauliflower rice, and enjoy!

I use stew meet, but the Hubster thinks it is too tough. I don't like chopping up the beef (or anything I don't have to chop), so I'm happy enough with it. This works just as well with chicken, and shrimp. I haven't tried anything other than these three meats. 

1 comment:

  1. This is perfect! I really want to eat stir fry beef with veggies but I don't have any instructions or recipe to follow until I saw your post! I will use this guide to cook beef stir fry. Anyway, are you looking for more recipes for stir fry? You may Check it out here

    ReplyDelete